Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Losing Battle

My battle with Bread Making Disease has been lost, and I have wonderful, yummy flat bread to show for it. The battle was officially brought to its end yesterday afternoon, when the batch of No-Knead Pizza Dough was made. Later glorious handfuls of soft dough were formed into amoeba like flat breads, covered in various topping and baked to a delightful state of crispy, yet still soft.

Some were topped with just a drop of olive oil, a sprinkling of garlic and a dusting of grated parmesan. Another was topped with basil tomato sauce and sliced mushrooms, and the version pictured here was topped with PC Bacon & Roasted Onion dressing, slices of turkey breast, mushrooms and grape tomatoes, with a grating of Bothwell smoked 2 year old cheddar. They all tasted wonderful, and there is still dough in the fridge.

(I think it looks even tastier if you click on the picture.)


Maybe it's time I learned to co-exist with my Bread Making Disease, and just accept it as being a part of me instead of constantly battling against it.

No comments: