Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Banana-riffic

To beak up the possible monotony of lists, the March theme for NaBloPoMo, I bring you Banana Cupcakes. I used to have a fabulous recipe for these, but sadly, it was lost during the time of no oven. Fear not though, I have found a replacement. Dare I say, I think it may even be better than the lost recipe.


Banana Cupcakes
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. soda
4 tbsp. sour cream
1 c. mashed bananas
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips(optional)

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs. Dissolve soda in sour cream, add to creamed mixture and beat well. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into cupcake papers. Bake at 350 degrees, 20 - 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Makes 1 dozen large cupcakes or 3 dozen mini cupcakes.

These are equally yummy with or without frosting.


No comments: