Saturday, July 19, 2008

In Case of Inclement Weather

Depending on the heat of today, there may be baking. As previously mentioned, I want to make some Monkey Bread and perhaps some Buttermilk Cookies.

I made a batch of the cookies earlier this week and they were amazing. Like little morsels of cakey goodness. The recipe calls for lemon zest, which gave them a nice subtle lemon flavour, and I am thinking they would also be really tasty with orange zest.

But first there must be grocery shopping and that too will depend on the heat. If it's like yesterday I will probably be spending the day in front of the fan. We don't have air conditioning, and if I bake when it is this warm, I might melt the cats.

If baking does indeed happen, I hope to have some photographic evidence to share.

No comments: