Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tidbit Tuesday

Wow, I must work harder to post on a more regular basis.

As the title says, today is going to be a Tidbit Tuesday. What's that you ask...well, I suppose it'll be a lot like my cooking, a bit of this, a dash of that, a pinch of whatever, hopefully all combining into a tasty experience enjoyed by all who partake.

First, a photo. I took this just over a month ago, at the last meeting of the 4H knitting group I was lucky enough to help out with. It was taken at The Wagon Shed, this awesome weaving, spinning studio in Arva. The reason that I'm sharing this particular photo is that I absolutely love the way it turned out. I love the colours and how they seem to compliment each other, the reds of the couch and the quilt, the red of the cat, even the hint of a red undertone the lighting seems to bring out in Emma's hair. I would love this photo, even if it wasn't of my Emma. Sprocket the cat, a full time resident at The Wagon Shed, seemed to really enjoy the attention.



There has been much cooking going on as of late in the Moonlit Knit household. There has been chili, pasta sauce, and maple applesauce. Friday was chicken with corn, mashed potatoes & gravy. Saturday, I made some homemade cranberry sauce and this .....


Nope, it's not jam. Can you guess? A hint? Well, it was made from a half bag of mixed frozen berries discovered when I defrosted the freezer. Rather than return them to the freezer, to possibly be forgotten forever, I wanted to transform them into something delicious. With the help of a little sugar, a drop of honey, a pinch of cinnamon and a little cooking success was had. Have you guessed yet? Another hint?



That's right, you guessed it, Ice Cream sauce. Forgotten frozen berries metamorphisize into a seriously yummy, sweet, slightly tart, triple berry ice cream sauce.



Today's undertaking, to convert this ...



.... into a gorgeous pot of succulent beef stew. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: