Friday, August 24, 2007

Since my last visit...

Life has been a little dizzy, both figuratively and literally. There was knitting, cats cooking, jam making, and now, there's rain.




The knitting was, as always, a part of me. It's fun, therapeutic and makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something even when I'm being lazy and watching a movie. Then I get to feel generous and share things that I've loved working on by gifting them to others. It's all good.





The cats are all around adorable, even if the little one is sometimes a challenge.
They are getting used to each other. Marzipan is fitting in nicely.



The cooking produced delicious results. Our version of Mongolian beef, with rice and steamed broccoli. Simple, tasty, and there were even leftovers for lunch at work.


The jam making was fun family bonding with some spillage and stickiness. Wild blueberries, tiny, delicious, indigo orbs of sweetness. Some mashing, some sugar, a little stirring and you have this fabulous, decadent, crimsony-purple berry goodness that seems almost too much for just toast. It coaxes you into experimenting ... on vanilla ice cream, with plain yogurt, topping cheesecake. This jam will have you looking for where you'll next enjoy it.




And the rain, though not very handy for drying laundry, is blissful. I love the sounds, the smells, that everything seems cleaner. A summer evening rain makes me want to stand outside and just let it wash over me. Both soothing and invigorating at the same time. The one major downside to evening rain? The moon is hidden.



Until next time.

No comments: